All the Little Details
- What time is the party?
Food choices may vary based on the time of day. Quiche, fruits, and juices are great for brunch, while sandwiches and finger foods are better for afternoon parties.
- Will the party be held indoors or outside?
Your food, décor, and time of the party can revolve around the setting.
- Will you need to keep the food hot or cold for periods of time?
If so, where or how will this be done? Consider chafer sets, outlet locations, and if you’ll have enough refrigerator space.
- What type of extras do you need?
Decide if you’ll use disposables, or rent tableware, linens, tents, etc. Also, don’t forget your serving ware like bowls, serving spoons, and more!
With GFS Marketplace, planning a party has never been easier. Below are a few questions that will help you plan your event.
Let’s Get Started
- How many people are you expecting?
If it’s a small group, consider a family-style meal. A larger group may make a buffet-style meal more appropriate.
- Do you plan on cooking and serving everything yourself?
To make sure you have time to mingle with your guests, you might want to ask family or friends to serve. If your guest list is more than you feel comfortable serving, consider hiring a caterer.
- What is your budget?
Don’t forget that your food menu may have to accommodate other party costs, such as tents, linens, tables, and chairs.
Plan The Perfect Menu
- Is the party casual or elegant?
Everything from appetizers to drinks will be decided by the tone of the party.
- What type of food are you planning to serve?
Have you thought about breakfast, appetizers & hors d’oeuvres, a full meal, or maybe a dessert-only menu?
- Are there any special accommodations that you need to make for any of your guests?
Make sure to ask if anyone has food allergies, is a vegetarian, etc.
- What is the age mix of your group?
A wide age range may dictate the type of food you serve, for instance, if you have children at the party, they might like pizza bites, mini hot dogs, or macaroni and cheese.
- How will the food be served?
Buffet or sit down? Make sure you have a good mix of handheld foods, or think about sit-down dinner menus—do you have the appropriate dinnerware, linens, table décor, etc.?